Friday 21 February 2014

Expose and Be Legendary

Once again I accidentally slipped, tripped, and fell into Boots and landed at the Smashbox counter... and accidentally spent money I don't have.. but I just couldn't resist! I originally went in there to browse for a coral lipstick. I was after one which was quite matte but yet glossy and moisturizing, and lucky me! I found one. I'd never tried a Smashbox lipstick before and I'd never heard anything negative about them so I figured I had nothing to lose. The MUA there offered to apply the lipstick, and so she did. Even as it was being applied I could tell I was going to love it.



The colour was beautiful and honestly, exactly what I had been looking for. It feels quite thick but in a nice way and it feels great on the lips! The colour I bought is Melondrama. It's a shade which makes my everyday make-up look so much more feminine pretty and colourful, and I can't wait to try it with a really neutral smoky eye.


Not only am I pleased with the colour, though, I also can't believe how beautiful the packaging is. I'm not sure what its made out of, it just looks so much classier than the usual plastic packaging that most lipsticks have. I would really recommend a lippy lover to buy one of these lipsticks, you will not regret, I promise!


I honestly can't even make up and excuse for my second impulse buy... I mean, I was contemplating on one of the three Urban Decay Naked palette's, so it wasn't exactly out of the ordinary for me to have bought an eye-shadow palette, but when I saw Smashbox's Full Exposure palette I just absolutely had to have it! One of the things that really caught my eye was the fact that for every shimmery eye-shadow there is, there's a matte one to match it. Now don't get me wrong I love shimmery eye-shadows, but the fall out is such a pain in the butt! Especially when I'm only wearing it in the day time, I hate to catch myself in a mirror and see that my face is covered in inappropriate glitter. It's a fairly neutral palette, ranging from browns, to nudes, to black. Don't get me wrong, a Naked palette isn't out of the picture, but I am so excited to start using the beautifully pigmented shades.



It also includes a brush that is actually usable, not like the ones you usually get with palettes that you end up throwing away. The packaging on this product is also just as beautifully presented, simple yet classy, I honestly just LOVE IT.

Full Exposure retails for £36 - Be Legendary Lipstick retails for £15.50

I really think Smashbox could be my new favorite make-up brand, what do you think to Smashbox products and are there any items you would recommend? 

xxx

11 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog through Emma's Liebster nominations, thought I would say hi :) I don't own anything from smash box but this palette looks tempting!
    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweet! I would definitely reccommend it's an absolute must have! x

      Delete
  2. I have tagged you in the procrastinating beauty blogger tag! Have a look on my blog http://missemmacharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/procrastinating-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Smashbox, the palette is gorgeous, good mix of colours, and I love that it has a matte and a shimmer for each colour!
    PS: I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, details at http://glitterandcookiesblog.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I’ve nominated you for the Liebster award, here are the details: http://stressesanddresses.com/2014/03/10/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried anything from Smashbox yet! Really wanting to though!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still haven't made the plunge with Smashbox. I think I need to go to find a stand and have a play with their products.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Find my questions (as well as instructions if you don't know) here -> http://beautyfromageek.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award-x2.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful review...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your choices! The lipstick color is really pretty! What a great palette too the neutral colors are really fantastic!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog :)

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    I have a new post every day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete