Tuesday 18 February 2014

Not so New Year

This blog has perhaps come a little to late, as it's already February, yet a little too early considering it's only my second post and I already want to get to the personal stages..

Although 2013 wasn't a bad year for me, it wasn't great either. I spent a lot of my time moping around, feeling sorry for myself, being insecure and wanting to change for the better, yet I had absolutely zero motivation. What an absolute cliche, I promise this isn't a "New Year, New Start" blog, but it's such a cliche to say it's a cliche, isn't it?

As 2013 flew by, Christmas passed and so did the New Year, I just felt like it was time to improve, and already I'm a step closer to achieving my first goal, losing weight! (Yet another cliche..) Although I have a long way to go, I am 9 pounds lighter than I was when January rolled around and I am beyond proud of myself. Not only do I feel better about myself, but I feel better within myself too! I'm more positive and motivated and I am SO ready to pursue the things I'm desperate to succeed in.

I don't want to say too much about all of my plans for the coming months, as I am a realist (basically a pessimist in denial), and I know things don't happen over night. I just don't want to look silly if, let's say, this time next year I'm still not doing what I'm so desperate to do. Not that it's anything to be embarrassed about, I probably would be embarrassed.

My main focus for the year is to carry on losing weight, preferably another stone, and find myself a brand new full-time job! I'm so over working part-time in retail, it's boring and it's not even in the profession I want to be in, I guess I cant complain as I am earning an nice amount of money each month and it is paying for my clothes and make-up splurges, but I just need a new environment, new people, new opportunities! 

Another thing is that I definitely do want to blog more, too, I love to write, it's a passion of mine and I'd say it's one of the few things I'm good at... chatting! Hopefully not too many blogs will be like this (long and boring with too many open/close brackets), but I am going to try my absolute hardest to blog every day, whether it's a haul, or motd/ootd sort of thing. I don't tend to have much else to do with my time, as its far too cold to leave the house for more than an hour at a time..

To be quite honest when I started this blog I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with it, and to be honest I still don't, twitter just didn't have enough characters.

So, this year so far hasn't been too shabby, after all, I achieved a NY resolution for the first time in my life, and now I'm ready and willing to build my future. I'm far too young to be settling for something I don't want to do, and I have so much time to work my way up, and hopefully one day, I'll be where I want to be, doing what I want to do, and I pray I'll be doing all that with a sexy little bod... hopefully.

Did you stick to your "NYR"? It's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment